Monday, October 29, 2007

Fall Favorites.







Canvases are so much fun. I love being able to add details that I wouldn't otherwise use on a scrapbook page - like sticks from the yard. Poor little, unsuspecting stick! One minute it's lying peacefully in the front yard and then WHAM! into the pot of boiling water - boiled within an inch of its life! But it was a necessary evil to get it to lay straight on the canvas. I apologize, little stick, but at least you didn't get mulched!

These are just a couple of canvases I've made this year. The 12"x 12" is one of Ty when he was so very young. It's hard to believe that he will be 20 in December. This was always a favorite photo of him from a Cub Scout field trip in Washington state. That leaf he found was huge. I don't think I've ever seen a leaf that big.

The other is of Maggie, Brian and Sandy's pride and joy. It was a gift for them and they could not believe she sat still long enough for me to get these pictures of her. I forgot to take a photo of the finished canvas before I mailed it to them, but fortunately when we visited them at their "cabin" in Tahoe, I was able to get a picture of it.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...