Sunday, January 6, 2008

Dreaming of Summer.....


So the holidays are behind us and now most everyone I know has either been sick or is still sick. Laryngitis (sp?), fever, chills, aches, sneezing, runny noses, earaches, sinus pressure, coughing....Gotta love Winter. I am trying to dodge the bullet, but I can feel the constriction in my chest, the headache, the scratchy throat, the beginning of a clogged nose. Demons, GET OUT!!!

I don't want to be sick. I don't want to be sick. Maybe if I keep chanting, my body will listen.

So, it was snowing a bit at the house this morning. It's gone now and it's just dark, wet, cold and dreary. I wonder if the sun is even up there above the clouds.

A.J. asked me yesterday where we would go this summer for vacation. I told him camping would be fun, like we did the year before last. But, today, I find myself dreaming of the warm sand and clear waters of Maui. I wonder if the Hawaiians ever get sick?

Welcome Winter and all the shivering it brings. Happy 2008!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...