Monday, February 4, 2008

Good Luck Ty....


So, my little boy, Ty is in Austin now. He called tonight to tell his dad and I all about his first day at Saab. Seems he was on time - even early for work. Imagine that! Couldn't get that boy out of bed on any day for school and he had a 50% tardy rate when working for us - yet got 99% perfect attendance at tech school and now is on time for his first "real" job!???!!!
******I wish him well! I miss him, but am glad he is out there on his own at age 20 and has a good job with the opportunity of a career ahead of him.
******On a lighter note, most of the valley snow has melted, it was almost 50 degrees today. I actually see the first bulbs starting to sprout in the yard. Spring is coming....Spring is coming.... YEAH!!!! Soon, it will be late Spring and Grants Pass will be in full bloom. Spring is my favorite. Just coming out of Winter. A close 2nd is Fall. I just love those colors. Pastels of Spring. Vibrant earthtones of Fall. I love it here!!! Just wish Winter wasn't SO long.
******I checked the weather in Austin online today, and it was like 79 degrees.But, on the flip side, I 've been told it can get extremely HOT there. I lived just North outside of Austin at age 5 or 6, but all I can remember about the weather were the intense hail storms - the size of golf balls and the hurricane winds. Kind of scary and surreal at that age. Maybe, it wasn't as bad as I remember, but I think I'll stick with the one or two lightning storms we have here every year. They are also intense, but I find it very cool to sit out on the upstairs deck overlooking the valley and seeing the lightning.
******We'll see what tomorrow brings...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...