Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Gloom? Doom? or just plain Melancholy?


I don't know what it is about the last couple of days, but I'm just not my happy little self. Maybe it's the weather - sunny one moment, over-cast and gloomy the next? Maybe it's the overwhelming sense of lots to do and not enough time to do it? Maybe it's....

I just can't seem to snap out of it. I feel tired and a bit rundown. Chilled to the bone. Even the instant coffee I've been putting in my hot chocolate hasn't had the "perky" effect on me that it usually does.

I am happy that the changes around the house are moving in a positive direction. I'm very proud of Kyle for winning 1st place Academic Masters at his school in Social Studies - the next level of competition takes place on April 23 - which just so happens to be my birthday. Ty seems to be doing ok in Austin. A.J. is doing ok in school, with his friends and his girl ... friend. Phillip continues to work hard everyday - I can't even begin to imagine the pressure, but thank you, honey.

Maybe it's because I've been home more than usual and that is throwing me out of sync. ??? Funny, though. I really do like being home and tinkering, but I just can't get out of the funk I'm in right now. I can't seem to focus - even with my glasses on or my contacts in!

Maybe tomorrow will be clearer and brighter. Maybe...."the sun will come out tomorrow..."

I AM SO READY FOR SOME WARM AND SUNNY DAYS!!!!!!

*** photo is of me on Christmas Day many years ago. Must have been in a "frump" then as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...