Monday, September 8, 2008

Ever need a vacation?



Me too! Only problem is now the airlines are charging for those additional bags. Remember when we used to pack that "extra" empty suitcase just so we could shop and ship our treasures back for FREE???

We'll folks, looks like those days are over.

Phillip and I were talking about another trip to Maui, but now we'll either have to rent those overly-used (say it with me - WORN OUT!) snorkel gear packages or pay almost as much as our snorkel gear cost to fly it over to the island with us. What is the world coming to?

Our other option, since we usually rent a condo with a small, stackable washer/dryer unit, is to wear the snorkel gear over our one set of outer wear with our swim wear underneath! Now THAT would be a sight OR make you wish you were sight-impaired!!!

Alas, we probably won't be travelling anytime soon due to our recent remodeling expenses - and we haven't even begun that Carribean Blue Master Suite complete with the over-sized soaking tub. I've always said life's too short, but you can't have it all at once! So I'll have to settle for the salt-water soak in the 1970's (pronounced vintage) 5-foot fiberglass tub! O.k., I know, vintage fiberglass - now that's a stretch! But whatever I need to tell myself, right?

In the meantime, Phillip and I will just keep working hard making the fake vintage crates & luggage for the Mouse! I'm sure HE doesn't have a problem paying for the extra bags!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...