Sunday, September 14, 2008

How silly is this?



A.J. washed and cut up the romaine lettuce for Chicken Caesar salad and this is what he left on the counter.

My mind when into high gear and I started singing - one little, two little, three little indians..... Why does this kind of stuff rattle around in the cranium?

I haven't sang this song in years. But these? Well, these get blurted out at our house every once in a while - "I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, cause Band-Aid's stuck on me." "Oh I wish I were an Oscar Mayer weiner, that is what I'd truly love to be. 'Cause if I were an Oscar Meyer weiner, everyone would be in love with me." And lets not forget, "My baloney has a first name, it's Oscar. My baloney has a second name, it's Meyer. Oh, I love to eat it everyday, and if you ask me why I'll say, 'casue Oscar Meyer has a way with - B - O - L - O - G - N -A!"

Speaking of baloney, I was thinking this morning about sandwiches. (I must have been hungry?) Actually, I was first thinking about chips. Plain corn chips, potato chips, Fritos chips, Doritos chips. In my head, I was pairing up chips with sandwiches. My favorite combos. Potato with PB&J. Corn with fried egg. Fritos with baloney/cheese. Doritos with cold cuts. Grilled Cheese with Campbells Tomato Soup made with 1/2 can of milk, not water, and with crunched-up plain Saltine crackers. Weird? Maybe, but if those two guys in City Slickers can pair up ice cream flavors with entrees, I can pair up my sandwiches with chips.

So while we are on the subject of sandwiches, here is a REALLY bizarre one my grandma on my mom's side shared with me... It might sound GROSS (and when I was little I always voiced my opinion of how gross it sounded), but as an adult, on occasion, it actually hits the spot. Are you ready?

PEANUT BUTTER, PICKLES, AND MAYONAISE. All four food groups. meat(pb), veggie(pickles), dairy(mayo)- ok, that one's a stretch, grains(bread). Umm, Umm. TASTY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...