Thursday, April 23, 2009

$5.25

What would $5.25 buy you in 1968????

I'm sure a lot of different things come to mind, but the answer to THIS question is........ME!

Yup, that's right! At the Darnall Army Hospital in Fort Hood, Texas, in 1968, $5.25 will buy you a bouncing, baby girl! Well, maybe the baby is actually "free", but you have to pay the $5.25 for incidentals....what a bargain!

Maybe THAT'S why I love to shop discount and find bargains!??? I feel right at home!

So, I survived the day. A little bit under the weather still. It's not even 9 o'clock and I'm ready for bed!

My best friend is on his way home and that makes me SO happy.

He said he spent a couple of hours shopping at an antique mall on his trip and found me something for my birthday. Something I'd like for the red, white and blue guest room that I'm planning and collecting for. What could it be? I have a zillion things going through my head. What would he have found? What? Hmmmm. Guess I'll just have to wait and see......I love surprises! I love that anxious feeling. I can't stop wondering.....???? BUT, he wouldn't even give me any other hints!!! NO HINT!

Speaking of treasures, when my mom was about my age, she said to us girls that we would have to tell her about the things we wanted when she passed. Yeah, like she should be thinking about THAT at her age - my age now!

Anyway, I told her that the only thing I knew for a fact that I wanted were my baby shoes. You see, my little shoes did not get the traditional bronzing. Nope. No wooden plaque with my name emblazoned on it. My little shoes were just stored in a box with a bunch of other things. Photos, letters, etc.... Mom is a "collector" like me. Geez, wonder where I got it?

Today, these little ones are stored in our living room, along with my little collection of music boxes and the like.

I LOVE them! Many thanks to my mom - for being a young mom and NOT being able to afford getting them bronzed! Having a treasure so special, justifies being a pack rat!!!! Go pack rats!!!!

Footnote: Mom is very alive and well!!!! She just gave me my shoes back in 2004 when we moved into this house.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...