Tuesday, June 23, 2009

...and then there were none!



This morning, as I was preparing to leave the house, I heard quite a commotion outside the kitchen windows. A whole lot of cheeping and chirping! I went out on the upper deck, off the kitchen, and saw a bunch of little birds putting on quite a show. Dive bombing each other. Doing spins in the air. Playing like little siblings do.

It would appear that they were fighting, but after watching them a while, I realized that these little meanies were in fact the five, sweet, little birds that have been in the barn birdhouse the last couple of months, that have been entertaining us from within.

They, finally, left the nest! There they were, for the first time ever, flitting about. Testing their wings. And showing each other who was boss. All in my presence.

After taking a peek into the bird house, it was confirmed. These little ones were done with being crammed into the cozy quarters their mom and dad chose for them only a couple of months back.

Every year, we watch as the couples come and check out the run-down "barn". We have other abodes out there, but this is the only one that has been occupied since we moved in back in 2004. It came with the house.

I'm glad we didn't take it down, cause it has provided us with years of entertainment. Mom and dad coming and going. Little ones singing to us every time food was delivered, but this is the first year I got to witness the "move-out".

Too Cool! I only wish, now in hind-sight, that I had grabbed the camera. But, I guess, there's always next year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...