Monday, June 8, 2009

Gears are in Motion.....





For a long, long, long time, I have dreamed of combining my love of treasure hunting and crafting. You know, it's all the rage everywhere you read and look online. Repurposing, recycling, renewing. AKA: thinking GREEN!

Ok, so actually, I'm all for the "idea" of green, but I wonder just how green some of the advertised "green" really is. I won't go into it here. I just know that in order to recycle my glass bottles, they "request" they be rinsed out. I get my water from my well, so that means I'm running the well pump - using electricity, and then draining the dirty water into my septic tank, that ultimately fills up and then needs to be pumped by the big truck, that needs to drive out here to the country, using diesel gas, etc.... So, I'd rather recycle my mayo, pickle and jelly jars into other useful somethings. Say, casual drinking glasses, candle holders, pen/pencil holders, flower vases...Oh, you get the idea. Just open any country, cottage, home decor magazine and you'll see them!



Here is just one of my doings. An empty, single-serving Margarita bottle that a dear friend of mine, drank and just knew I would "love" to alter. I've altered a few of these bottles, filled them with bird seed and gifted them.

Back to the gears. I have decided to post on another blog and offer some of my MANY previous and future finds - "as found" and "re-purposed". I am also considering taking up shop at the Grants Pass local crafters store - Savannah Faire.

I know, I know. The economy. Well, I think that even though we're all shopping a little more frugally, I don't think any of us will ever be able to STOP shopping. So, maybe by offering some fun, re-thunk home and garden decor at a reasonable price, it will be a win-win for me and others - in blog land and locally.

I'd also like to give back to my community through this endeavor. My plan is to donate part of each sale to various charitable organizations. Like I said, a win-win.

Here is a sneek-peek at my new logo. The background color is a facsimile of kraft paper(brown paper bag) which it will be printed on. I'm hoping to get my "sister" blog up and running soon with the first few items offered up.

Here is a happy, happy me in my element....! Thanks, Phillip for the photo! I love you! xxx ooo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...