Saturday, February 6, 2010

There and Back Again....

but NOT by Bilbo Baggins. (just a little Lord of the Rings humor!)

But, we did go there and are now back. California was being hit by a huge winter storm while we were there. Rain. Rain. And even more Rain. It proved to be the road trip from hell. High winds. Tons of water falling from the sky. Lots of road problems. Flooding. Landslides. Snow storms. Road closures. I don't want to go on a trip like that, again, anytime soon.

On a lighter note, here's a SNEAK PEEK of my contribution to a Secret Valentine Swap I signed up for....

With all boys in my life, I don't do pink that often, so this was a lot of fun. I hope my recipient likes pink!


For the FULL reveal, you'll just have to check back in on Valentine's Day......and you'll get to see the Valentine I got from my Secret Valentine too!!!

Phillip and I rarely celebrate Valentine's Day with the normal gusto. We decided long ago that we wouldn't put that much stock in one day a year. That's not to say that we've NEVER celebrated V-Day. Phillip surprised me with beautiful diamond earrings one year, that I cannot find....I've looked everywhere!!! Either they were stolen, vacuumed up, or the diamond fairy took them back in the middle of the night. Who knows...

All I know, is that every time I think about it, I get mixed emotions of bummed and pissed off. What wife LOSES diamonds?!!! He is bummed too, but doesn't show any outward signs of pissed off. He even trusted me with another set for my birthday last year....What a guy!

See ya!

1 comment:

Tommy said...

I'vs said it before but it never hurts to be reminded...YOUR HUSBAND ROCKS!!!Phillip is the best and its so cool that I get to know you two...I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the nice weather back home(nicer than california,anyway)hugs and love and stuff

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...