Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sew Green....

After this melted recently, I was taking A.J. to school and 
after dropping him off, I just happened to stop at a yard sale.

That's what I say..."I just happened to stop." 
Like the vehicle just pulled over and WOW! THERE'S A SALE GOING ON!!!
Anyway, I bought a couple little things, nothing to blog about really. 

BUT then....

as I was walking over to pay my whole $3.00 tab, 
this was being wheeled out...
(sorry for the not-so-great photos, 
but they were taken in the garage with my phone)

The tag sale guy loaded it up into the back of the car
and I got to unload it all.by.myself and roll it drag it across the
gravel driveway.

No small feat, I tell you. Do you know HOW HEAVY these things are?

I clearly had NO clue.

The yard sale guy didn't seem to break a sweat at all.

So after dragging two deep ruts in the gravel, I got it in the garage.

I opened it. And the angels wept!
This thing is gorgeous!!!

It came with a leather pulley strap.

Needs a good cleaning and a bit of machine oil, but it works like a charm.

There were some needles and modern thread in the drawer, 
so who knows how recently it was being used.

Not sure I really needed a vintage treadle sewing machine,
but who knows...I might feel so inclined to sew-green!

Happy Finding!!!

1 comment:

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Oh my goodness! That is awesome!! What a find. Thanks so much for visiting and you super sweet comments:) We used to live in Portland and hope, hope, hope we can make it back soon! BTW your day job is amazing! How cool is that??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...