Thursday, April 7, 2011

Did YOU Hear Me Scream????

Yeah, you read that right.

Did YOU hear me scream in your part of the country?

It was 7:18 tonight. I was sitting in my chair, surfing my favorite blogs while waiting for a movie that Phillip was watching to end - so we could watch the recorded episode of Survivor - and there were my boys.

Well, my boys in my vintage window....

I screamed, and it wasn't even a scary part of the movie!!!!

"I've been featured!!! Over at Gail's blog, My Repurposed Life!!!"

I have to be VERY honest here, 'cause I was taught to be honest. Gail sent me a comment the other day, but I didn't put two-and-two together when she said she'll be "catching" me this week. Duh, me...

Thanks, GAIL!!! I get it now....but only AFTER I screamed with excitement!!!

*******

More good news came today....

I got the official word that another project of mine is officially being featured in this years issue of Somerset HOME magazine - Volume 6. It will hit newsstands in August.

As I really, really, really enjoy surprises, I will give only a sneak peek here.

As you all know, I love ALL things vintage, rusty and perfect for the home - inside or out!

*******

That brings me to my NEXT exciting news.

Six days ago, I played this April Fool's joke on Phillip, and that opened up a whole can of discussion. So, yesterday, I took the plunge - more like a baby-toe dip in the BIG POOL of retail sales....

I've officially leased a 4' x 4' space at a local crafters outlet/gift shoppe, Savannah Faire/Fiona Bean. My good-best friend, Ginger, and I are BOTH dipping our baby-toes!!! My move-in date is set for NEXT Saturday, the 16th, and hers is at the end of the month. We will be neighbors with opportunity for expansion late May or early June.

Talk about getting no sleep or being able to concentrate at work today....I even went shopping for "ideas" and ended up with a whole cache cart of good things....

Stay tuned for photos chronicling the little space - BIG ideas adventure.

*******

On another happy note, a few weeks ago, I participated in the Road to the Final Tchotchke swap over at Beauty in the Attempt. The idea behind the swap was very fun. Post a photo of some home decor item you either don't love or use anymore and have others that love it, want it, or need it comment. On designated day/time, have a random draw and whoever wins, gets the goods!

Well, as it was, I had ONE comment and ONE winner! Man, was Jenny, over at Crossing the Bugger-Dixon Line, LUCKY! lol....

At any rate, Jenny commented that the garden-themed item I offered up for grabs would be perfect for her little guys upcoming April Showers birthday party...hmmmm. Based on that comment, I KNEW I had so much more to share....perfect for a party! I SO loved giving parties for my guys when they were little.

She was SO delighted with the extras I sent and she posted VERY, VERY kind words on her blog...WARNING: her blog has some really cute party ideas....REALLY!

*******

On a FINAL note for the night...

We are STILL looking for at least THREE more participants for my Celebrate AMERICA home decor swap.



I've seen some of the ideas...and you still have a TON of time to play. That was the point. Start early enough to not be stressed!!!! Who needs stress? Let's just wrap the houses in RED, WHITE and BLUE.....

Cheers!

5 comments:

PicturePerfectPixies said...

Congrats to you! Sounds like you have lots of great things in the works.

Your newest follower!

Kolein said...

oh that's so exciting!!! All my best to you! Can't wait to read more here and at Gail's and in the mag!!!

My best-girlfriend is Ginger too. obviously not the same girl, but the same name!!!

Happy Booth planning!!!

xo
Kolein

Craft That Party said...

Congrats on your feature and thanks so much for the mention! So sweet of you!

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! So much fun things going on!! I can't wait to see what you are putting into your new space, FUN!!!

Craft That Party said...

So glad it arrived! Sorry for such a big box, I had a hard time finding one wide enough for that dang hanger!!! Makes me so happy to think of its new home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...