Thursday, October 20, 2011

Boys and Girls of EVERY age...

...wouldn't you like to see something strange?


Come with us and you will see.


This our town of


HALLOWEEN.....

one of my favorite t-shirts


Have I ever mentioned my LOVE of Nightmare Before Christmas? LOL

The movie was released back in 1993 and I had never seen it.
I guess I was pre-occupied with having a new baby - the 3rd.

Years later, when I saw it for the first time, I 
WAS. ABSOLUTELY. HOOKED!!!

I only regret NOT having seen it on the big screen. Oh well.

I love the animation. The music. The lyrics. The love story. The characters.

Since then, I have gathered, collected, been gifted quite the collection. 

I am however kind of a snob when it comes to the items I collect.

By that, I mean, I don't like just anything Nightmare. Like cheap knock-off crap that has been marketed just for the sake of making a quick buck.

I am very particular in the unique-ness, absolute likeness, and quality of the item(s).

Much like my snobishness (is that even a word?) of Disney art. There is so much stuff out there in the marketplace, just for the sake of making a quick buck, that is NOT up to Disney standards --- trust me, I know what their standards are -- that I can't imagine how some of the mass-manufacturers received a license. Especially the faces on some of the stuff. Likenesses are SO important. How can a Tink that looks like a man be sold as Tink?

O.k.  I'm off my box now...moving on...
 source this is my computer screensaver

As a likeness snob, I am being really particular about my new office.

I have the BEST, Disney-quality scenic artist on staff right now, and he is my go-to guy when it comes to creating my Nightmare environment.

After much deliberation, Photoshop edits and transparency/over-head projector placements, I have settled on a color scheme and element placement.

At first, I was leaning towards animated color realism...is that an oxymoron or what? But, the more I considered that approach, the more I decided against being THE human in a cartoon.

The final design will be more charcoal sketch-like, mono-chromatic and warm-toned black, tans, creams, and whites verses bright blues, purples, yellows, etc...


I cannot wait for the finished space....

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Hopemore Studio said...

On pins and needles waiting for the big reveal!

I too LOVE The Nightmare before Christmas. When I was in my 20's and working at a movie rental business, I had it on all the time. I'm waiting for my kids to find joy in it as well so I have a excuse to pop it in year round.

Angie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...