Friday, February 24, 2012

A NEW Collection is Forming....

Rewind to November 2011...yeah, it's not that long ago, but that's where it kind of all began...

I was at the Medford Armory, just perusing the 'for sales' there. In both the far back corners are staircases to access the upstairs. On the right side, I couldn't help but notice THIS...


The stairs had been taken over by a gaggle of girls....and a couple boys.

The nicest group of grandmas was in charge of this corner.

I kindly asked one of the grandmas if I could take a photo of the group on the stairs. I could tell she was a bit quizzled at why I would want to take a photo, but, well, that's just how I roll. I am always taking snapshots of strange things...

So, I proceeded to set down my purse, my shopping bag and raise my phone. She seemed a bit quizzled at why I didn't have a camera...well, I guess my iPhone takes primary position to my Nikon too!

Any who, as I was clicking away with my phone and making conversation, she tells me each dolly is only a BUCK!

Well, I'm notorious for buying little things for CHEAP too! I like a great deal. As my multiple  STORAGE areas would attest..."I'm not a HOARDER...I'm NOT a HOARDER!"

My mind just sees the GOOD in the CAST OFFS...

Just look at some of those little faces...How could I only walk away with a few photos and not a few dollies?



Well, I carefully selected a couple, or three, or four...

*****
One of them had ratty hair...Rattier than the others. Another VERY kind grandma says to me, "Oh, give her to me. She needs a day at the salon."

I handed her over. She sprays some de-tangler in her hair and proceeds to gently comb through it.

"There. Now she's beautiful!", as she hands her over with sweet smelling, wet, dolly hair.

Oh, those Grandmas are JUST TOO SWEET!!! Even to a 40+ year old woman! I can just imagine how they are with the little girls...

*****

The little plastic boy with the cute face and darling hair.


Ok. Maybe it's a boy wearing a pink dress...Or maybe it's really a girl. But, when I'm done, it will be a boy...Bwaaaaa Haaaa Haaaaa...

Then, there was this little girl. Kind of reminded me of I Love Lucy. Maybe it's just the red hair and bright red lips?

....Yeah, she's nekked. But not for long.... I think a creepy Halloween costume is in her future. That forehead crown just screams "stitches" to me....  Poor Lucy...

Boy? Girl? I LOVE the rosey-red cheeks and the little knee dimples...

I think this little lady is my favorite of the bunch. Her face is already a bit "green" and one of her eyes is cloudy...LOVE it! Another Halloween contestant? Yeah. I think so....

Here they are at the Rusty Monkey, resting and waiting for their day at the tailor....


Four dollies. Four bucks. Four ME!!!

1 comment:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

They are the luckiest and the best looking kids from the orphanage. You did good! Love how you have them displayed. Now I just hope they like Halloween.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...